Hi everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know what I have been considering for this project, and if anyone has similar ideas or is interested in some aspect of what Im proposing, do let me know.
I am really interested in ideas around Identity and how one identifies oneself or through what? Is it through our experiences, our relationships, work, society or what? How do people see and define themselves and their role in whatever society they feel like they belong to..
This is obviously a very wide theme which I would like to narrow down, depending on other ideas and interests and the execution of it. It could be a very personal project about yourself, exploring own relationships to surroundings and trying to figure out what exactly it is that shapes us and affects us. But it could also be about a seperate group of people, in a specific geographical place or of some other interest. Im open to any suggestions..
It might cross over with your idea Emile, depending on which people you are interested in and how you want to approach them..
In terms of my own work, I am personally interested in doing 2D work at the moment. This is partly because I havent really done much of it and have some ideas around mixing photography and drawing which I want to finally fully explore, but also I am very aware that when submitting portfolios to schools and exhibitions, very often they are only interested in images. So I would really like to use this term to finally start making really nice quality images. Im doing a lot of research on painting and fine art photography and have been looking at all kinds of galleries and what kind of artistst they represent..
However, this doesnt mean that I only want to work with people who are doing 2D as well. I think an exhibition of very different approaches to the same theme could be really interesting.. whether it be installation, video, poems, whatever. The important part is to agree on the concept and approach I think.
Which leads me on to final outcome. Im really interested in doing some kind of an exhibition. I think this could be a great way of getting contacts, networking, showing people what kind of work we each do and to build some confidence in terms of experience with practical circumstances, exhibiting and showing work to other people than our tutors and friends. To invite the public, other art students or any type of people we want to expose the work to or even build connections with.
These are my thoughts for now, im very interested in other people's ideas or imputs..
Let me know
Mia
miayates@gmail.com
http://www.wellcomecollection.org/whats-on/exhibitions/identity.aspx
ReplyDeleteThis was a great exhibition on how science informs human identity.